Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Unboxing of BH Cosmetics and ikatehouse

If you haven't been over to my youtube channel, here's a link to today's video showing the unboxing of my recent orders from BH Cosmetics and ikatehouse.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXcwFxHdrTc


As promised in my video, I managed to get all three palettes swatched and photographed so I could share them with you here.  Before we get to the pictures, I want to give a big "shout out" to BH Cosmetics for the 26 Color Palette Neutral Eyeshadow and Blush.  Everything that was sad and yucky about the 28 neutral palette is happy and wonderful in this one.  I can't say that for everything I got from BH today, but I can definitely say it for that one.

Now, let's get to the good stuff!  As always, all swatches are done over Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer.

First is the Malibu palette:




This palette included 16 eyeshadow shades and 4 blush shades.  The 4 blushes were actually two blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter.  I think.....not sure but that's what they looked like to me.  There were about equal numbers of matte shadows to shimmer and unfortunately most of the mattes were chalky and had little color payoff.  They weren't the worst I've had, but not the best either.  A couple of the shimmer shades were really nice but I'm not sure how often I'll use this palette.

The swatches of the left side shadows:




The swatches of the right side shadows and then the blushes:




Overall I'd say it's a decent palette with some fun shadows and some usable blushes.

Next is the Professional Blush Palette.  This palette features 10 blush shades, some of which I liked and some I didn't.  I'm glad I got this palette because I am definitely short on blushes in my collection.  Up until last week, I had a grand total of one blush and used it every time I did my makeup.  Now I'll be able to branch out a little and try some new looks on my cheeks!



And the swatches:




I really like some of the cooler pinky purple shades, more than I thought I would.  Not sure if I can pull them off, but I'd sure like to try.

Lastly, the palette that restored my faith in BH Cosmetics shadow palettes.  I'm finding that my experience is pretty hit or miss with BH, but with their amazing prices, I just don't feel like I can go wrong.  Even if I find a dud here and there, I still feel like I'm ahead of the game.

The 26 Color Palette Neutral Eyeshadow and Blush:






 

And the swatches:





I'm sorry that I didn't do larger swatches but I really wasn't sure how these would look.  Based on the last neutral palette I swatched, I didn't want to waste all my eyeshadow primer doing larger swatches that didn't show up.  I need not have worried.  The shadows in this palette are wonderful.  Soft, creamy, very well pigmented, a pleasure to work with.  There are even a bunch of pink toned shades that should help tide me over until the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette comes out.  I've been obsessing over pink shadows ever since seeing my first glimpse the Naked 3 and I really think this palette is going to let me play with pink now, rather than having to wait until December!

So, that's it for my BH haul.  The rest of the unboxing was false lashes from ikatehouse and while I love the lashes, they don't make great swatches.

But you know what IS great?  Amy!  Dog of my heart!  And here is some Amy love to end my blog post.....





2 comments:

  1. I need to get that last palette it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it actually is pretty darn awesome. you need it.

      Delete