Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How about more swatches?

Yesterday's swatches were so much fun, I thought I'd do some more for today.  This time, I chose one palette and one collection of loose shadows to show you.

I'll start with the loose shadows.  I have a ton of singles shadows and this weekend, when I was messing around trying to come up with a fun look, I pulled out three to go along with the 4 new MAC shadows I picked up on Saturday.  I swatched the group, took three of the colors I liked the looks of, and created an eye look that I really ended up liking.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of my finished look.  Sorry.  Anyway, here are the shadows and the swatches:

Starting at the top, left to right
First row: MAC Antiqued, MAC Pink Freeze, MAC Fresh Water, MAC Lucky Green
Second row: L'Oreal Infallible Infinite Sky, MAC Amber Lights, Urban Decay Evidence


Note: All swatches are done over a base of Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer

The swatches:
colors are in the same order as above, starting with MAC Antiqued and ending with Urban Decay Evidence:



After looking at the swatches, I chose the bottom three colors for my look: L'Oreal Infallible Infinite Sky, MAC Amber Lights, and Urban Decay Evidence.  I used the Infinite sky on my lid, Amber Lights in the crease, and Evidence in my outer "V".  It was really pretty, a look I will definitely wear again.

Overall, I adore every one of these shadows.  The four MAC shadows on the top row are brand new to me, and along with Amber Lights are the sum total of my MAC shadow collection.  All the shadows are creamy and richly pigmented with the exception on the Pink Freeze, but that shadow is so delicate and feminine, I just couldn't walk out of the MAC store without it.  The bottom three shadows are incredible.  The Amber Lights is my all time favorite eyeshadow EVER.  The L'Oreal totally blew me away with how creamy and richly pigmented it was.  It feels almost like a cream shadow when you apply it, really luxurious, and the shimmer is amazing.  The Evidence has almost a duo-chrome effect, and made for some nice drama at the corners of my eyes.


Next up is the Vintage palette from Cargo.  I missed the chance to pick this up at Ulta during "Ulta Days" and regretted it almost immediately.  I scoured my local area, then finally turned to the internet in my search to find this palette somewhere.  It finally showed up at Kohl's of all places, but I had to go to three separate locations before I finally found it.  Now that I've finally swatched all the colors, I'm even more glad that I tracked this palette down. 

Here's a shot of the packaging.  It feels like leather and had a fold over magnetic closure.  Nice.



Here is the palette:
Top to bottom, left to right:
Top row: Harvest Moon, Cuddle, Frolic, Cinnamon, Twigs, Black Crow
Bottom row: Crisp, Hot Cocoa, Autumn, Withered Leaves, Rustic, Chestnut



And swatches
Top row:




Bottom row:



The colors in this palette are beautiful, subdued, and very pigmented.  Nothing too bright, but not really a neutrals palette either.  There is a nice mix of lovely fall warmth, shimmer, and matte, with the shimmer shades being my favorite.  I'd have to say Frolic and Cinnamon are my favorites, with Withered Leaves and Rustic coming in close behind.  A lovely mix that I think will get a lot of use.

That does it for today's swatches.  Hope you enjoyed them and again, I will leave you with gratuitous puppy cuteness courtesy of Amy, dog of my heart.....




2 comments:

  1. That cargo palette is gorgeous. We'll so is the MACs us have but I had seen those swatches before. The cargo looks delicious. And omg Amys face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? That's my fave picture of her. And the Cargo palette is soooooo good. Really really good. Great even. Creamy shimmery goooooood.

      Delete